Troy’s Professional Experience:
- Founded REC Media Inc. in 1995; 17 years industry experience
Troy’s Current and Past Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and vision, and overseeing general company operations -- Sales, HR, IT, Accounting, Admin, Legal
- Experience in sales / sales management, supply chain management, accounting (managerial & financial), legal (contract creation & negotiation), IT (admin & procurement) and HR (recruitment and HR admin).
Troy’s Mission and Vision:
- Our mission is to offer advertisers and agencies efficient, one-stop solutions for grassroots, out-of-home executions in community and municipal recreational facilities coast-to-coast, and particularly hard to reach secondary and tertiary markets.
- Our vision is to be the leading provider of these of solutions, nation-wide.
Troy’s Corporate Philosophy:
- Put people ahead of profits
- Treat others according to the “golden rule”
- Look after clients' needs first, and the bottom line takes care of itself
Troy’s Strength and Expertise Lies In:
- Identifying opportunities and developing the vision, strategy and plan to capitalize on them
- Leading and motivating teams and people to succeed
- Creating and driving win-win solutions for all, and in all situations
Prior to completing studies at the University of Calgary, Troy spent a year in Montreal at McGill University, where he studied International Business and French.
Troy is a Dean's List graduate (with Distinction) of the University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business, a recipient of the Chancellor's Club Academic Excellence Award, and a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honour Society for Collegiate Schools of Business.
He was President of the Calgary Advertising and Sales Association, overseeing a joint merger between it and the Canadian Marketing Association, Calgary chapter, where he served a term as Vice-President and member of the board.
Getting To Know Troy:
What are your interests outside of work?
Running, biking, swimming, triathlons – and travel…I love to travel.
What music do you listen to?
Anything and everything...country, classic rock, baroque (love classical - am I getting old?), gospel, latin. Seriously, pretty much anything – except perhaps trance and rap.
What is your perfect adventure?
Being somewhere unique and exotic. Starting the day with a workout (run, bike or swim), then something adventurous - exploring an island on a scooter, or climbing a notable peak, or scuba diving a cenote. Then ending the day with a fabulous glass (or bottle) of wine and a spectacular dinner.
What is your favorite quote?
"Contentment means that you have everything you need right now…. When you want what you already have, you've discovered the rare jewel of contentment." Ray Pritchard (Author)
What is one technology that you couldn’t live without?
My iPhone. It's a love-hate relationship...I’m very demanding of technology, so when it doesn't do everything I ask of it, and do it perfectly, I get frustrated. But I am hopelessly lost without it.
What is your favorite place you have ever visited?
Ah... a tough one, as we’ve been fortunate to travel a fair bit. But probably Argentina. Buenos Aires is an amazing city – the Paris of South America. Plus the Mendoza wine region and the spectacular Iguazu Falls. Paris itself is a contender too though – it’s probably my favourite city in the world.